Dear readers, meet my wife: Maria Lindroos, art director. She may not be the star of my firmament (it's the Richard Russo I'm reading, sorry), but I definitely see her a great deal more than I see my other significant other. Sometimes I see her day and night, and though these are never truly happy times (I'm old fashioned and prefer my working hours to be 9 to 5), they would be a great deal worse if it wasn't for my wife. So let me tell you a little bit about her:
- My wife talks to herself.
- My wife likes sauce bearnaise on her pizza.
- My wife likes her children to be really warm. To the extent of making them wear longjohns in June.
- My wife lives on an island and takes a boat to the office everyday.
- My wife likes gardening.
- My wife tends to blabber when nervous (but who doesn't).
- My wife is a very talented illustrator.
- My wife likes to tell me what she's doing ("I'm doing the layers campaign now.")
- My wife likes to know what I'm doing. (I am too doing the layers campaign right now.)
- My wife was once described like this: "She's so wonderful! She'll open her mouth and you have absolutely no idea what will come out!"
- My wife has excellent upper arms.
- My wife makes me laugh out loud at least once a day.
- My wife can get really crabby and then you seriously don't want to get in her way.
- My wife puts up with me.
If Leo had had a wife like mine there would never have been a second heart attack. He'd be living off an island, growing his beard, producing commercials, 'cause that's what Mary's husband does. Not a bad life. And can I add that my original wifes, Anna and Emilia and Jessica, also deserves posts of praise and that I will get there in due time? See, I'm a bigamist! So many things you didn't know about me.