Friday, June 4, 2010

Hello Friday


It's been a week of people telling me how tough it is.
And it has been.
But not so much for me.
Loved ones had it worse. Long hours, little relief.
Mine was a pretty good one.
Some bumps, sure.
But not the big ones.
Sometimes I find the weeks we enter with the most trepidation turn out to be not half bad.
Maybe it's because we lower our expectations.
We settle for OK and turn our back on bliss.
And OK is pretty good.
The weekend is here but this crazy week won't end until Sunday night.
And Monday morning I might be less content than I am now.
But that's OK.
I'll be OK.
I think we all will.
And that is pretty good.

Thanks for reading. Have a good one.

2 comments:

Callie Grayson said...

Have a happy weekend with lots of smile and happiness!
xx
callie

Kathleen said...

And the funny thing is, sometimes the okay turns out to be pretty blissful, once you stop asking so much of it. Hope some of those just-fine moments found their way into your weekend.