There are too many things going on right now, I can't focus. I have so many things to write about, but each day end up writing nothing instead. It's just that kind of week, no, weeks. But I miss this space and can't stay away for long, even when I have nothing to share but incoherent ramblings. So, my apologies. And here goes:
- Blanka is going through a religious phase. Today she made a crucifix out of her arm and a packet of bacon. "Look! It's where Jesus lived! But now he's dead."
- I'm reading Life Of Pi again and so far it's not the best idea I've ever had. (Don't get me wrong, I love this book. But maybe I shouldn't read it again? Ahh, again with the focus.)
- Driving lessons aplenty, six only this week. Will it ever happen? The license, I mean.
- New tenant moving in next month. Our first guy. Fingers crossed.
- Jesper's found a store that sells Reese's! Not Peanutbutter Cups, but still. I'm pretty much in heaven.
- My mother and I shared a glass of champagne yesterday. An excellent beverage, if ever there was one.
- This photo is from August 13th and a lovely dinner under the apple trees. Hej Sanna!
- Wagamama is opening in Stockholm. Imagine my joy! Wagamama and Reese's in the same week.
- J's reading the new John Le Carré (hullo!) and he's taking forever. This might be a good thing though, if my brain's not even up to composing a blog post, maybe Great Literature should wait.
- Philip Pullman is in Stockholm and my dear friend Lisch is having dinner with him tonight. I've given her a book for him to sign. Please please please make him do it! Have you read His Dark Materials? Congrats if not, you're in for a treat.
- I'm on the sofa that once stood here. I have a cup of tea and the aforementioned Reese's and there's a fire burning.
- And one day I will tell you why I can't focus today. Or maybe I won't. In any case, I hope to see you here again.