A clever woman once wrote a post about keeping it real. To honour her commitment I'm sharing tonights dinner menu with you:
- Four leftover meatballs, not homemade
- A bowl of leftover rice (four days old)
- Two tortilla breads (semi-thawed)
- Two fishfingers (so very not homemade)
- Peas (she ate them with her hands, straight from the bowl)
- Carrots (he didn't give them as much as an eye)
Frozen and re-heated food, peas packed in Belgium, fish on the verge of being extinct, "meat"balls full of E-this and E-that. Sharing this with you is a milestone of sorts. It doesn't qualify as inspiration. Or entertainment. Or anything else I usually aim for. But it's real.
And the kids loved it.