Monday, May 2, 2011

Dear May


Let me just tell you how happy I am to see you. It's wonderful, as always. I know I come off as an April's child (with the birthday and all), but I have such a soft spot for you. You're pretty (not that looks matter) and kind (often) and you bring all sorts of promises of what's to come and how the best is yet to. You're a treat, that's what you are. And I'm so glad you're here (though you're making us all freeze, please stop, no really, please do). Today is a Monday if ever there was one and my mailbox and phone are full with all sorts of eek- and uaagh- and ohnooo-things. Not very May at all. But you're here. You may be playing a little hard to get this year, but that's ok. From one player to another, how can I blame you? And if you're as hooked on praise as I am, let me make myself clear: You are lovely. You are beautiful. You are green and flowery and springy and all things that I crave right now. So thank you. You're making this Monday less Monday by the minute. (Now turn up the heat!)

2 comments:

Anna said...

: ) May always brings her wonderful beauty. Thank goodness. This winter was wearing out his welcome!

Anna Ander said...

Believe it or not, we woke up to snow this morning. Snow! I still can't believe it. Luckily, it's melting away as I write this. But still!