Monday, May 23, 2011

Read This


Thanks to Denise I'm reading Gabrielle Hamilton's memoirs. I'd never heard about Gabrielle or Prune before, but I have a thing for both New York and chef's memoirs so it wasn't a really big decision. And it's an excellent book, I just want to finish it in one bite. I haven't read anything that gives me this much pleasure in a long time. Thanks, Denise! I want to savour it and swallow it whole at the same time. And it makes me very hungry. If you liked Comfort me with apples, there's a good chance you might love this too. So read it, you'll like it.

More books tomorrow, now I need to do the things that didn't get done when I was sick. Bleh.

4 comments:

Maria said...

It sounds delicious!

Anna Ander said...

My darling, utter bliss to find you here! And it is. The book, I mean. Yum.

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

You liked it! Great! So good to know. More books tomorrow? What are you reading now? Hope you are feeling better.

Anna Ander said...

Denise! I've got one chapter left, then I'm diving into the Andre Agassi biography. I KNOW. Not a natural transition for me, but I've read the opening chapter and it's brilliant. So into the world of sports I go!