Friday, March 6, 2009

My Obama Moment


Stockolm had a celebrity visitor yesterday in the unsung hero of the Obama campaign, mr David Plouffe. I was very excited. So were the 800 something others that gathered to hear the gospel. Mr Plouffe said many great things, but since this was Thursday (and not yesterday, as I might have led you to believe in that first sentence) and I can't find my notes anywhere (yes, I take notes at events like these, I'm just awful), this won't be the total report you might have been hoping for.


This is Mr Plouffe himself, looking terribly blurry. Supposedly some copywriter was shaking his hand like a crazy person while taking the picture. The lady in the back? No clue.

To tell the truth, he could have talked about Obama's socks and I still would have found it very interesting. I'm like Wilhelm, who's started to use "obama" as a new word, meaning "super cool" ("Mom, look at the obama-raft I built!"). In fact, I could go Ainsley Hayes on ya'll and add: I serve at the pleasure of the President. You know, should he ever find himself in need of a Swedish copywriter.

Leo finds all of this a bit too much. As happy as he is about the outcomings of the election, he is very much a Bartlet man. Me, I'm not so sure. I might have a whole new West Wing to follow.

Haha, this I remember: The Republicans thought Obama was so inexperienced that they called him Obambi.

1 comment:

Dionne said...

Hehehehe, I love how you mention the word Obama is the new word for cool. Sooo funny!

I am a note-taker too, so I totally understand where you're coming from!